Cotococha Amazon Lodge offers you an unforgettable tailor-made Amazon experience, unplugging you from modern life in the mystic rainforest. Our strategic location near Tena, in the Upper Amazon basin of Ecuador and right on the Napo River, makes it easy to access the highlights of the area and allows you to enjoy amazing sunsets.
The spacious cabins and social areas are built in harmony with the surrounding rainforest. Despite the traditional architecture, all rooms are beautifully designed and equipped with a private bathroom, a veranda, comfortable beds, and charming details. Here, you will wake up with the charming sounds of the jungle in a very pleasant way!
Depending on the program you choose, days are filled with hiking, canoeing, tubing, and/or swimming. Also, guests can visit the Amazoonico Rescue Center, observe colorful butterflies in a butterfly farm, and learn about a native Amazon community‘s ancestral way of life. Cotococha has a wide variety of facilities that give you the opportunity to relax after an exciting day in the jungle, among which an outdoor pool, Jacuzzi, sundeck, and beautiful lounge area. At the end of the day, a delicious dinner awaits you in the cozy restaurant.
An experience in Cotococha Amazon Lodge can be easily combined with a wide variety of other destinations in Ecuador, such as the Andes Mountains, the unique Galapagos Islands, or pristine Pacific beaches.
Cotococha Amazon Lodge is part of Pure! Travel Group, the Leading Boutique Tour Operator in Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, and Bolivia. We admire natural and cultural heritage and contribute actively and voluntarily to the economic and social improvement of the communities we work with, as well as to the reduction of the environmental impact of tourism. Our efforts are recognized by TourCert, the global certification for sustainable tourism and corporate responsibility.
Cotococha Amazon Lodge is fully aware of our responsibility towards the vulnerable Amazon Rainforest. We have taken a variety of measures to protect the environment and support the local communities:
- We use solar panels to produce electricity that provide you with warm water in the showers and allow you to charge your electronic devices in the social area. In addition, the lodge uses oil lamps and candle lights to illuminate the cabins and the paths leading to them, creating a unique ambiance;
- A water treatment system makes sure no contaminated water spills into the jungle;
- Solid waste is recycled as much as possible;
- Domestic animals are not allowed in the lodge to not impact the local flora and fauna;
- About 75% of the employees come from local communities and all guides are from the Napo region;
- Local suppliers are contracted for transportation and the local production of handicrafts and other arts is stimulated by offering them to the guests;
- The entrance fees of the butterfly garden and the animal rescue center support local initiatives contributing to environmental protection.